To use Aadhaar verification services, it is necessary to link it to your mobile number. During the verification, an OTP is sent to that number. If you are unaware of ways to do aadhar card link with mobile number do not fret. We have come up with a detailed guide to help you do the needful. You will have to use your mobile and access the UIDAI website to aadhar card update mobile number.
Way to check the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar card online
You can access the UIDAI website to do aadhar card mobile number check online. Here’s how to do it.
- Browse the website of Unique Identification Authority of India.
- On the homepage, select My Aadhaar’ drop-down menu>‘Verify Email/Mobile number’.
- Next, type in 12-digit Aadhaar number followed by mobile number in the proper fields.
- Now, enter the displayed captcha.
- Now, tap on ‘Send OTP’.
If the mobile number entered is the right one, a prompt will show up “The mobile you have entered already verified with our records.” Otherwise, you will be notified of a mobile number mismatch as per the UIDAI records. To ensure you can uidai aadhar update mobile number, visit the nearest Aadhaar card agency.
Using TAFCOP website to check the mobile number linked with your Aadhaar card
The Department of Telecommunications runs the TAFCOP portal. It can also be used by Aadhaar card holders to know mobile numbers registered for their names. To use the TAFCOP portal:
- Browse the official website of the Department of Telecommunications.
- Scroll down to select ‘Know your mobile connections.”
- To check mobile numbers registered for your Aadhaar card, enter the mobile number along with the captcha code.
- See the mobile numbers registered.
- After checking, hit ‘Validate Captcha’.
- You will get an OTP and then enter it in the field.
- Post log-in, you will see numbers issued for your Aadhaar card number.
What are the advantages of linking Aadhaar card with mobile number?
When you link mobile number to aadhar card online, you get some benefits.
- It is legal proof that you are a citizen of India.
- You can apply for certain government subsidies.
- Online verification of ITR through OTP
- To request a duplicate copy of Aadhaar.
- Pan card verification.
- For eKYC usage.
- Invest in mutual fund schemes online
- Faster loan processing