Sometimes you may want to access WhatsApp deleted messages but may be unsure of the methods. The good thing is there are a few workarounds for this. Here, we will show you how to see deleted messages on WhatsApp using various means. This will be applicable for both Android and iPhone users.
How to read deleted messages on WhatsApp using Android
WhatsApp still does not offer default options to users to see deleted messages. However, those using Android 11 or later versions can still access and retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages.
- Open the Settings app and choose “Apps & Notifications.”
- Select the “Notifications” section.
- Tap “Notification history” and then toggle the button beside ‘Use notification history’.
- Then all the future notifications, including all WhatsApp messages will show up, even if the sender deletes the messages!
Resort to the same steps to access and read deleted WhatsApp messages. However, this method does not retrieve deleted media files.
How to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages using a third-party app on Android
If your Android phone runs a version older than 11, you have to use a third-party app. You can try Notisave in this regard.
- You will get Notisave at the Google Play Store. Download and then install it.
- Enable the auto-start option and give it media access.
- Now, the app will track all notifications you receive on the device, including WhatsApp messages.
- Now, you will get to see WhatsApp messages even after they delete those.
- Notisave lets you revert to messages in the app.
The app is handy but it is not exactly flawless. It does let you recover deleted WhatsApp messages but you have to cope with ads in the free edition. The paid version costs Rs 65 a month.
The app will also drain your device battery to an extent. This app will not recover deleted media files including videos, GIFs, and images. It will only recover messages.
How to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone
iPhone users can resort to iCloud if they are thinking how to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages. Of course, you have to set up iCloud as the data backup service.
- Delete or uninstall WhatsApp followed by a re-install.
- Now, run WhatsApp and use iCloud for backup restoration.
- After the backup is restored, you will see the deleted messages.