Despite the growth and popularity of private telco operators like Jio and Vi, BSNL still commands a fair share of the market in India. Like other segment players, it offers users various ways to learn about data, talk time balance and other details. You can do BSNL balance check online and also through SMS facility.
Here, we have listed some handy ways to do BSNL data balance check and obtain account details.
Using BSNL balance check number/ USSD codes
With USSD codes, you can check BSNL balance easily and fast. These numbers are also toll-free. You can use BSNL USSD codes for:
- BSNL special offer check
- BSNL Local/STD/Roaming talktime check
- BSNL SMS balance check
- BSNL validity check
- BSNL internet balance check
- BSNL main balance check
For BSNL main balance check- dial *123#. You will get a text message with the data. Also try *112# to get options for SMS balance, internet data balance etc.
For BSNL data balance check- dial *124#. This is for 4G. Those using 2G or 3G network, dial *123*6# and *112#.
For BSNL SMS balance check, dial *123*1#,*125# or *123*5#. For National SMS balance, try *123*2#.
For BSNL plan validity check, dial *123*1#.
Some other handy BSNL USSD codes
- BSNL net balance check- *234#
- BSNL number check- *8888#
- BSNL last call charge details- *102#
- BSNL special offer check- *124*5#
- BSNL voice pack info-*126#
- BSNL first recharge coupon balance- *123*4#
- Check BSNL prepaid offers-*444
- BSNL active prepaid plan check- *124*8#
- Find SIM card number-*999#
Checking BSNL balance via SMS
Try SMS when you can’t use USSD codes and perform BSNL balance check online. Just type BAL and then send it to 123.
Checking BSNL balance online via app
Try the My BSNL app and do BSNL recharge check number and obtain all account details fast. It is available at iPhone App Store and Google Play Store.
Checking BSNL balance via IVR
Dial the BSNL balance enquiry number 1800-180-1503 or 1503 and get details on your BSNL account soon.
Checking validity of your BSNL prepaid SIM card
To know the validity of your BSNL number, just dial *123*1#. This USSD code shows the main balance and validity details soon.
To know which prepaid plan is activated for your BSNL number dial, *124*5#,*124*8# or *102#.
What is denoted by GP1 in BSNL? What is GP2?
BSNL offers GP as the grace period. GP1 is valid from the expiry date for a week. Grace Period 2 is the last chance to re-activate your BSNL SIM. This starts from, 8th day after expiry and stretches trill the 165th day.
BSNL prepaid recharge plans meant for inactive GP 2 users
The Inactive GP2 customers of BSNL can use these STV packs for re-activating their BSNL SIMs.
- STV-139- Costs INR 139, valid for 28 days, offers 2GB data/day. It also offers unlimited voice calls.
- PV-1199- It offers 24GB data, 365 days of validity and unlimited voice calls, alongside 100 SMS per day. It is limited to the Andhra Pradesh circle.